Thursday 9 September 2010

Film School

Film School
On & On E.P.
2005
256kbps


- on & on
- plus 1
- february

A few years ago, living in London with a girlfriend in Manchester meant every other Friday after work a drive North for several hours. As spring turned to summer turned to autumn turned to winter there were a few constant companions with me, my minidiscs and the crappy weather. Every journey, no matter the season, would be in headlong into gales and lashing rain and grim northern darkness.

One night I remember the rain was so heavy visibility was almost nothing. My wipers were on full speed but not shifting anything, there was nothing else on the road, fortunately I was in the outside lane as I came round a bend on the road just before the dip then the hill that first reveals Birmingham to you, all lit up like some 50's ideal of the future or should that read some child's drawing of a space city, through the darkness I sped past 2 guys pushing thier car off  the M6 in a panic. It could have been only a second or two between seeing them and flying past them, The song that was playing was plus 1 by Film School.

For a brief moment I felt like I was in a movie, and immediately shook my head cartoon style, did that really happen? If I was not in the outside lane we would all have been toast.

I love Film School they make soundtracks to the movies inside. 

If you like this, buy their albums and go see them. They are touring in the U.S. right now.

Link in comments.