Monday 6 September 2010

Prince's 28th Birthday

Prince & the Revolution
Prince's 28th birthday party gig; Cobo Hall Detroit June 7th 1986.
160kbps















-around the world in a day
-Christopher Tracey's parade
-raspberry beret
-controversey
-mutiny
-happy birthday
-anotherloverholenyohead
-I wanna be your lover
-head
-pop life
-life can be so nice
-whole lotta shakin'
-mountains
-kiss

I remember seeing this concert on Channel 4 back in 1986. My obsession with Prince had started a year or so before, an obsession that remains unmedicateable to this day. It was an eye opener to say the least, and when I stumbled upon the concert a few weeks ago on another website I was delighted. Some utterly amazing performances, even an outing of a Family song; Mutiny.

I extracted the audio, so I could listen in the car, and decided to share this with the world tonight as I have never seen it shared in audio-form anywhere before.

It was my first go at this sort of thing but despite the bitrate being a bit low it still sounds pretty good, better than 90% of the Prince live stuff that's out there.

If you take it away remember to say thanks.

Link in comments.

3 comments:

happy_tom said...

When Prince's hips were real

kindsaluv said...

always wanted to rip this concert but i'm lazy. so thank you for sharin. do you know if it's available a dvd edition? it's one of the most exciting concert i've ever seen. i'll see him live in november, can't wait even if i'm sure he will not top this concert.
thanks again, cheers

happy_tom said...

HI, thanks. I have not seen it physically but it is out there in virtual land, I tracked it down from www.tehparadox.com, great site. I made my own dvd of it then extracted the audio and made this version. It was a steep learning curve for me but I did it. Then I decided to start blogging since all of a sudden I ain't a technophpbe no more. Thanks again